The car seat is today an element of both comfort and safety. But it is also an aesthetic element to personalize your interior. Unfortunately, car seats are subject to use. They can therefore wear out or be stained. We explain how to change, repair or even clean a car seat!
If you are tired of your car seats, stained or damaged from use, it is possible to change them.
Several solutions are available to you:
– Buy new covers for your car seats;
– Recovering broken seats, where damaged cars sometimes have seats that are still in excellent condition;
– Completely redo the upholstery of your seats with a professional;
– Renovate the upholstery of your seats.
If you need to renovate the upholstery or reupholster your car seats with a professional, you can change the cover of a car seat yourself. There are three types of covers:
– Universal covers, which you can buy on the Internet or in specialized car stores;
– Adaptable covers, more adapted to the category of your car (sedan, minivan, etc.);
– Custom-made covers, more expensive but which correspond precisely to the model and style of your seats.
The advantage of a cover is aesthetic because it allows you to personalize your vehicle. But a new cover also serves as protection for the back and seat of your car seat. An excellent idea to protect your seats from a dog or children!
To install your new car seat cover:
1. Remove the headrest;
2. Tighten the cover and secure the hooks and elastic with a screwdriver;
3. Hook the rubber bands under the car seat;
4. 4. Push the cover under the headrest cover with the screwdriver;
5. 5. Put the headrest cover on and put it back on.
In case you want to install a bucket seat or a heated and massaging seat on your car, we advise you to have this done by a professional. Indeed, you must take into account the side airbags. For your safety, therefore, go through a specialist.
🔨 How to repair the foam of a car seat?
It is possible to repair the foam of a car seat. You have several options:
– Buy an original part from the manufacturer. Count a few tens of euros per foam.
– Buy foam from a retailer or reseller and do it yourself. You will only pay a few euros, but you will have to cut out the right template and then make a hollow cut before installing the new foam.
– Glue the foam back together with neoprene glue. This will not last forever and is a makeshift repair.
How do I repair a leather car seat?
It is possible to repair a torn or scratched leather car seat. You will need to purchase specialized products:
– Special leather glue to repair a tear;
– Leather pigment to renovate a leather car seat;
– Fixative varnish to complement the previous one to protect the colour of your leather;
– Resin to repair scratches on the leather;
– Repairing paste in case of a hole or tear in the leather.
How to repair a fabric car seat?
If your car seat upholstery is burned, torn, or faded, repairing them without a professional’s intervention is also possible. This also applies to velvet car seats. Indeed, car seat repair kits include dye, powder, and an applicator to repair a torn seat.
If your fabric has faded, you can also buy fabric renovating foam. Finally, there are special stain removers to clean a stained fabric car seat.
Please find the best garage to change your car seat here and don’t forget to leave your comments below.